Thank you for visiting our website. We respect your right to and are committed to maintaining your privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information from you while you are visiting our website(s), social media pages, and mobile applications. We do this to better serve your financial needs and provide information on the right product or service for you.
Some of the information we may collect from you includes:
- Information you input into online forms.
- Information about your transactions with us while on our website(s), digital platforms, and our mobile applications.
Additionally, we may collect, store, and use information about your visit, such as:
- IP Addresses: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is a standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the website.
- Geo-location of your computer
- Type and version of your Internet browser software and operating system
- Date, time, and duration of your site access
- Specific pages, buttons, images, videos, links, or forms that you access while visiting the site
- Type of device (e.g. iPad®, iPhone®, Android™) you use to view and interact with the site
- Mobile carrier and/or Internet service provider
- Demographic information concerning the country of origin of your device and the language(s) used
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET?
We and/or other third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our site. No personal banking data is paired with any individual user.
Our advertisements may appear on websites that use the same advertising service providers as us. When you visit our site, these advertising service providers may use your browsing history across other websites to choose which advertisements to display to you.
HOW BANK OF BIRD-IN-HAND USES YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information:
- to evaluate your eligibility for accounts, loans, and other products and services for which you would apply;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to administer, manage, and service your accounts, products, and services;
- to send you marketing communications on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you and/or to prequalify you for such products and services;
- to personalize your experience on our website by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- to verify your identity in order to allow you online access to your accounts, conduct online transactions, and maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your account and personal information;
- to facilitate your transactions;
- to send you important information about your account(s), products, and services;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, other legal processes, and law enforcement requirements; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new and improving existing products and services, enhancing our website, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Personalize or Enhance Your User Experience
Continually Improve Your Website Experience
Track Your Response to Our Content
We, and/or our third-party advertising service providers, use technologies known as pixels, web beacons, or tags to track your response to our digital advertisements and digital content. Our webpages may contain these pixels, which allow us to track users who have responded to an advertisement or visited those pages. We include pixels in email messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. Deleting or disabling cookies will not remove pixels or similar technologies. We may combine non-personal information that is collected automatically through these technologies with personal information or other information we have collected about you.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only share your information with third parties for the purpose of the third party providing services for us and with third parties that contractually agree to maintain the confidentiality of the information and only use the information to provide those services to us. We also may share your information for compliance or law enforcement purposes, and otherwise, as required or allowed by law.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, Bank of Bird-in-Hand has taken steps to protect the information we collect by implementing and maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal law. Bank of Bird-in-Hand encrypts connections to our systems utilizing industry-standard technology.
Customers may create user IDs and passwords to access online banking. You should not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your online banking password.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
Bank of Bird-in-Hand does not knowingly collect, nor is our website designed or directed to use, personal information from children under the age of 13 without containing verifiable consent from their parents. Should a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 send personal information to us, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent, or provide parental notice.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Bank of Bird-in-Hand does have links on our website(s) to third parties. Please be aware that other websites may offer different privacy policies and levels of security than what is offered by Bank of Bird-in-Hand. Bank of Bird-in-Hand is not responsible for and does not endorse, guarantee, or monitor content, availability, viewpoints, products, or services that are offered or expressed on other websites. We urge you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Bank of Bird-in-Hand may periodically send emails promoting our products and services, or those of our affiliates, to customers for whom we have recorded email addresses. All customers who receive the marketing emails will have the opportunity to opt out of this service at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe button contained in the email.